Full Body Home Workouts For Weight Loss: 4 Effective Exercises To Help You Burn Belly Fat & nbspPhoto Credit: & nbspiStock Images
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and wellbeing
- Regular physical activity can help you control weight and reduce the risk of certain medical conditions
- You can try these full body workouts at home to burn belly fat and speed up your weight loss
New Delhi: Regular exercise will help you lose weight, support healthy immune function, improve mood, and reduce the risk of diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc. The novel coronavirus pandemic has already changed the way we eat and exercise , but it's important to find ways to stay active while we're stuck at home during the embargo. This will help you avoid belly fat and stay fit physically and mentally.
As gyms and fitness centers close during the COVID-19 crisis, most of us may be trying to cope with changes in our routine. If you're struggling to stick to your exercise routine or having trouble creating an exercise plan at home, you are not alone. To help you get started and actually stick to your workout, we spoke to a fitness instructor and exercise nutritionist who introduced a full body home exercise routine that will increase your weight loss and help you get rid of unhealthy belly fat.
Whole body home workouts for weight loss
In this routine we will aim for the entire body with some intense and compound movements. When you target several muscle groups in one exercise, we speak of compound movements. When there are more compound movements in your routine, better fat loss results can be expected, said Diksha Chhabra, who also won the Mrs Body Fit crown at Mrs India's Earth Beauty Contest. This routine, which includes burpees, squat jumps, plank jacks, and lunge with twist, is going to get you amazing results in no time.
Burpees is an explosive movement that works all over your body from your chest, stomach, triceps and quads, etc., sending your heart rate through the roof for incredible calorie burn.
- Put your hands shoulder-width apart at your side.
- w squat down and stand in a plank position that is in a straight line with your body.
- Bring your feet closer to your chest.
- Jump to your feet with your arms reaching over you and land back, crouch down and repeat the cycle.
- Do this 10 times in 2 sets.
- If you are a beginner you can do all of the movement at your speed and avoid the jump. As you get better over time, you can start scaling burpees.
- Do this 10 times in 2 sets.
Let's start with the next movement, namely squat jumps. Squat jumps are a complement to traditional one-jump squats.
Do squat jumps:
- Take a shoulder position, crouch down, go straight back, put even weight on your feet, and come up and finish the jump.
- The scaled down version performs normal squats.
- As you get better with squats, start short jumps with a light landing on the floor.
- You can do 10 reps and 2 sets of squat jumps.
Plank jacks are a great workout that will work your entire body. Adding plank jacks to your routine will help burn more calories and fat.
Making Plank Jacks:
- Get into a plank position with a comfortable space between your feet.
- Maintain the plank, jump out and then in – this is the drill, jump in and out while in the plank position.
- w the simpler version takes out one foot at a time without jumping. So one foot out and in and then the other.
- Repeat these steps in two sets of 10 reps.
Lunge with an oblique twist
The final exercise is lunges, which will affect your lower body, core, and stability. We're going to add an oblique twist with each lunge that will further challenge your core and stability. If you have difficulty lounging, you can get help lounging without twisting.
Perform lunges with an oblique twist:
- Stand up straight, take a large step forward, and lower your hips so the front of your thigh is parallel to the floor. Bend your knee 90 degrees and twist it
- Come back to the starting position and do the same with the other leg.
- You can keep your hands on your waist, above your head, or when you feel you need support, don't hesitate to hold a chair, wall, or bar.
- Do this for 10 reps in 2 sets.
- Don't forget to take a break of 20-30 seconds between each set.
Pro tip: Electrolytes play a very important role in maintaining balance in your body. So make sure you are hydrated with water, buttermilk, coconut milk, salted nimbu pani, etc. to balance the electrolytes in your body for proper functioning.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always ask your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or making changes to your diet.