How can pumpkin seeds help you lose weight? Here's a simple, tasty recipe that you must try & nbspPhoto Credit: & nbspiStock Images
- Weight loss is a long and drawn out process that requires a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise
- Certain foods like pumpkin seeds have properties that can help you lose weight
- Knowing how pumpkin seeds can speed up your weight loss and how to incorporate it into your diet
New Delhi: Weight loss, as we all know, is a long and drawn-out process. Weight loss requires a healthy, balanced diet coupled with a regular exercise routine to shed the pounds, look good, and ward off illness. However, apart from a healthy diet, certain foods, drinks, and spices are known to aid the process of weight loss. They help the body burn the extra calories and fat, boost metabolism, and aid digestion. One such food is pumpkin seeds.
Pumpkin seeds are found in the pumpkin fruit and can also be eaten alone. Pumpkin seeds have several health benefits, including helping with weight loss.
How pumpkin seeds can help you lose weight
- Rich in fiber – Pumpkin seeds are high in fiber. Fiber is known to help with digestive disorders and also helps treat diabetes by slowing the rate at which sugar is released into the blood.
- Satisfying lunch snack – Pumpkin seeds are a filling lunch snack and can be eaten alone. Many households, particularly in northern India, dry the seeds and consume them as snacks. Their high fiber content helps keep you full for longer.
- Very nutritious – Pumpkin seeds are very nutritious and high in nutrients and minerals like zinc, protein, healthy fats, calcium, and others. You can deliver these nutrients without putting additional strain on the body.
- Low in calories – A 100g serving of pumpkin seeds contains only about 127 calories, which makes them a great addition to your weight loss diet. You can add pumpkin seeds to any of your foods for great crunch and flavor.
How to make lightly roasted pumpkin seeds for a weight loss diet
Image credit: Istock