Fried rice is a simple meal that can be prepared every day of the week. It is flexible and can contain all the ingredients you need to use from your product drawer and freezer. This recipe was developed by our friends at Lundberg Family Friends and lists the typical fried rice vegetables. But you can also discover others like kale, cabbage, bok choi, root vegetables and tofu. The aromas of sesame and soy beautify almost everything you need to consume. And don't underestimate the taste and texture of brown rice in this recipe – you'll be surprised at how much it adds.
- 1 cup of Lundberg Family Farms organic short grain brown rice
- 1 ¾ cup of water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of broccoli, small florets
- 1 cup of red cabbage, diced
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- ½ cup of carrot, diced
- Spring onion, three stalks, sliced
- 2 TBSP. Tamari
- 1 TBSP. Toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBSP. Grated ginger
- 1 TBSP. Garlic, grated
- Put 1 cup of Lundberg Family Farms Organic Short Grain Brown and 1 ¾ cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a tightly fitting lid, let the heat simmer a little and cook for 45 minutes. Uncover and place on a baking sheet or large bowl. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Crack both eggs in a small bowl and beat them until they combine. Spray in a frying pan with cooking spray or add 2 tsp. neutral oil and eggs. Stir until cooked, set aside.
- Dice the carrots and cabbage and put them in a frying pan with frozen peas and broccoli over medium heat. Stir frequently for five minutes and add spinach. Stir another two minutes. Grate the ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Take the rice out of the freezer and add it to the pan along with the scrambled eggs, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Set the heat to high and stir frequently for five minutes. Add tamari and stir for another two minutes.