There is not much in the world that goes better than chocolate and chilli. We were so excited when Sensient Natural Ingredients shared this recipe with us and immediately ran to our kitchen to try it out. If you can get your hands on the main ingredient here: Sentient Natural Ingredients Organic Ancho Chili Powder, you've come to the right place! If you are in an emergency and need a replacement, you can use ½ cayenne pepper powder and ½ smoked peppers instead (or all cayenne peppers if you don't mind the heat and you also miss the peppers).
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup) of sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup of brown sugar, packaged
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Sensient Natural Ingredients organic ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F.
- Melt 1 1/3 cups of chocolate and reserve 2/3 cups for later use.
- Put the flour, roasted cinnamon, ancho-chili powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar lightly and loosely in a separate bowl.
- Put the eggs and vanilla in the bowl and mix well.
- Add melted chocolate to the egg mixture until everything is well mixed.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until everything is well mixed
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Let the dough drop by using 1 ounce measuring spoons 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuit hardens and cracks at the top.
- Avoid the temptation to eat straight from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for at least 10 minutes before serving.