Be a hero in the house with a Calzone party! Calzone is a fun variation of pizza and just as flexible, so you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand or need to consume. Our friends from CADIA sent us this recipe along with some suggestions for ingredient combinations. They also recommend making mini-calzones that are fun and the perfect size for kids.
3 cheeses: mozzarella + ricotta + parmesan
Pepperoni + jalapeno
Spinach + mushroom
Sausage + green pepper
Ricotta + hamburger
Vegan cheese + olives + artichoke
- 2 CADIA 16 oz. Organic pizza dough or prepared dough (makes 8 mini calzones)
- 3-4 glasses 14oz. CADIA organic pizza sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tsp water
- + different fillings
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a spray sheet with oil.
- Cut the pizza dough into 4 pieces. Then make small balls, then roll out in an even round shape.
- Place your ingredients + a spoonful of sauce in the middle of each round. Fold the dough over to create the calzone and press the edges shut. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Continue to fill the mini calzone and shape the dough as needed. Don't forget to identify the Calzone property. This is important.
- Transfer the Mini-Calzone to the prepared baking sheet.
- An egg wash seals and shines the calzone. Mix egg and water and lightly brush on top of your creation.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Top with pizza sauce and a pinch of parmesan in the last 2 minutes.
- Serve with one side of CADIA Pizza Sauce for immersion!