If you've managed to buy frozen chicken nuggets before they disappear from the shelves, you may be looking for a way to make them attractive to the whole family. Our friends at Applegate shared two recipes that got creative with chicken nuggets: Mini Chicken Parmesans and Mini Chicken & Waffles with Spicy Maple Sauce. Both are mainly made from pantry and frozen ingredients, which makes these recipes easy and tasty.
Additional bonus: If you need some nuggets for this recipe, Applegate offers you coupons here.
Mini chicken parmesans
- 1 (16 oz.) Family-sized sachet of Applegate Naturals® Chicken Nuggets (GF options available)
- ½ cup of marinara sauce
- 5 slices of Applegate Naturals® Provolone cheese, halved and then cut into thin strips or any type of processed cheese that you have in your refrigerator
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped OR dried basil if you are in need
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
- Spread the chicken nuggets on a metal pan and bake for 6 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and gently invert each nugget.
- Pour about ½ teaspoon of marinara sauce over each nugget and top with 2 pieces of provolone. Sprinkle some parmesan over each nugget.
- Put the pan back in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and the nuggets are hot for 6-7 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and place the nuggets on a serving plate. Sprinkle the chopped basil over the nuggets and serve immediately.
Mini chicken & waffles with spicy maple syrup
- 1 pack of Applegate Organics® Chicken Nuggets
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce or to taste
- 18 Miniature Frozen Waffles OR You can cut full size waffles after roasting them
- Cook the chicken nuggets according to the directions in the package.
- In the meantime, season maple syrup, butter and hot sauce in a small pan over medium heat and simmer for approx. 3 minutes until they have thickened slightly. Take off the stove and keep warm.
- Toast the waffles according to the directions in the package.
- To assemble, place 1 chicken nugget on each roasted waffle. Drizzle some maple sauce over each and serve immediately.