These sweets are easier to prepare at home than you might think, and you can better control the ingredients and amounts to suit your taste. There are only four main ingredients and you can find organic options for all of them.
The recognition and support of companies owned or operated by women has increased, especially for worldly goods such as clothing, jewelry and special cultures. Chocolate is one of those goods. A recent environmental study shows that women in cocoa farming use more conservation practices than men. In particular, when women farm cocoa plantations, more agroforestry is preserved. So if you choose chocolate, look for brands that are deliberately looking for women-owned businesses to promote gender equality and environmental health!
This should make up about 24 cups.
- 24-cup mini muffin baking pan
- Mini cupcake wrapper
- n-metal bowl for melting chocolate in the microwave
- OR a glass or metal bowl to melt chocolate over a pot of boiling water
- Little spoons
- 3 cups of bittersweet or dark chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter to mix with chocolate
- 1 cup of smooth or chunky peanut butter for the filling
- 3 TBSP. melted butter
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar (if your peanut butter is already sweetened with sugar, you can omit this)
- ½ tsp. Salt-
- Line the mini muffin tray with mini cupcake wrappers.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, ½ cup of peanut butter with the texture of your choice for filling, sugar and salt until they are combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and cook for 30 seconds each, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted before microwaveing again. Alternatively, you can boil about 5 cm of water in a medium-sized saucepan, place the bowl of chocolate over water and stir until melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add half a cup of smooth peanut butter and mix until everything is well mixed.
- Using two small spoons, add about a teaspoon of the melted chocolate mixture to each package.
- Follow with about a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture for each package.
- Top with another teaspoon of chocolate mixture and smooth the top to fill the sides of the packaging with your spoon.
- Place the mini-muffin tray with the prepared sweets in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After setting, keep in an airtight container and separate the layers with parchment paper.
- Sweets are stored at room temperature for several weeks.